· Jazz innovator Emma-Jean Thackray has been at the forefront of the genre-hopping jazz bubbling up, and bursting through, in London for the past few years – blending elements of jazz, club culture, left field electronics, and more.
· An award winning composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist she’s influenced by everything from J Dilla beats and Madlib’s characters to the sounds of Afrobeat.
· Now she’s set to embark on another groundbreaking project, heading up her very own record label, Movementt, to showcase new music of her own as well as new talent from the wider jazz and exploratory music scenes that she’s a core part of.
· Its first release is Emma’s own new EP Rain Dance, switching between different moods and tempos, between analogue and digital, blurring the lines between jazz and psychedelia, nodding to club culture and electronic production.
· Ambitious, expressive and vibrant, the Raindance EP reinforces Emma-Jean Thackray’s position as one of the most talented young musicians whose ambitions go far beyond narrow genre tags.